oven cable size.....??

S

sparkyb

Hi, I'm new to this site..

Need some friendly advice, I have thrown in a 10mm T+E cable on Oven with socket for an oven and grill (Double Unit), customer does not have the appliance onsite, hence cannot determine the kw, but he would like to cater for this.

The run of the cable is approx 14 meters....Is the 10mm cable ok for this..?? to allow for any future allowance(s).

Please can someone comback to me on this...

Thanks
:(

Sponsored Links
After taking diversity into consideration I would have thought 10mm² very adequate.

Thank you for a speedy response, just one other thing, the Oven DP with socket, I need to run this to a cooker connection unit, from there I need to run to the oven, but do I need to downsize to a spur outlet .. and do I need to use 10mm flex.. or can I use the 10mm T+E

U confused..so am i.. :oops:

Please can you advise me using the correct steps and cable size as the main cable from the CU is a 10mm on Radial circuit.

Thanks again..

Your cooker circuit terminates at a cooker control unit which should be situated where it is easily accessible, and not above the cooker. You then need to go from there to a cooker connection unit using your 10mm² cable. From the cooker connection unit you will attach yor cable to the cooker, no more than 2M. Again you can use your 10mm² cable.
This work is notifiable.

Sponsored Links
Need some friendly advice, I have thrown in a 10mm T+E cable on Oven with socket for an oven and grill (Double Unit), customer does not have the appliance onsite, hence cannot determine the kw, but he would like to cater for this
Please rephrase the part in bold. It makes no sense. The rest of the text I have quoted is the reason why you should disregard any advice given thus far. Please tell us a rating.

Your username implies you are an electrician, but your posts tell us otherwise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back