Oven and hob

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm currently fitting a new kitchen I have removed my old range cooker that was fed from a 10mm t+e cable 32a mcb to a 45amp isolater then 6mm t+e to the cooker.
I'm now wanting to fit
A induction hob 7400w (30.83amp) ?
A single oven 3450w (14.375amp) ?
My question is can I use the existing circuit for both of my new appliances?
I'm thinking I can put a 45mcb on the existing 10mm cable but then how can I split this at the cooker switch and allow for the 16amp oven ?
Or is it a case of getting a new dedicated circuit for the oven installed and use the existing for the hob ?

Sponsored Links
No ,don't change the MCB.
You can connect both ,to the existing circuit ,via a dual appliance connection unit .

Diversity allows you to connect an oven and a hob to a 32A supply.

Ok great thank you
So I still have the issue of a 16A oven to connect to the same 45 amp cooker point as the induction hob
The instructions say must be hard wired to a16a supply

Sponsored Links
That all sounds perfect for me so happy days.
Just to satisfy my curiosity do I not need a 16a breaker for the oven given it will now be fed from a 32a supply?
Also the hob on full power will presumably draw 7400 watts around 30.83 amps will applying the diversity factor be adequate to allow for the oven also at 3450 watts ?

It needs a minimum 16 amp .
The appliance draws whatever current it needs ,the circuit doesn't
" Deliver" it with 32 amps.
Both hob and oven can be wired into your circuit ,as all have advised above.

Also the hob on full power will presumably draw 7400 watts around 30.83 amps
It would, but only for a few minutes.
A 32A circuit breaker doesn't trip at 32A.
Even at 45A, it's still likely to be 10+ minutes before it trips, by which time the hob/oven elements won't all be on at the same time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back