Oven Element - no earth tag?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just looking at espares ... Noticed this :-

2300 Fan Oven Element with 2 terminal tags
This is an easy fitting part and fixing your oven yourself will save you money. This is a genuine spare part - and will fit select Bosch, Neff and Siemens fan ovens that are listed below. Measures 250 mm in length and 2 turns.
Please note: due to new UK standards this part no longer has an earth connector.

Possibly dodgy advice? I wonder just how folks will terminate the loose earth lead... If at all.
:?:

Sponsored Links
The casing of the oven element is most likely screwed to the oven cavity, thus grounding it.

806890397_Smeg_oven_element_1830W.jpg.thumb_530x600_.jpg

This is similar, includes the 'earth tag' as shown.
Yes, the plate and element supports all fix to (Neff) oven frame... Virtually resistance free from any metal in or on frame to plugtop earth prong... Always been this way.
I wonder how leaving the tag off can be safer with the possibility of an unterminated earth lead hanging loose near L and N connections? In the event of poorly fixed element plate and (or not) support screws what then? I thought 'twas about quickly getting enough current flowing to trip breaker in the event of a fault to earth.
Think I'd be drilling the plate and fixing an earth tab... I am betting the element design hasn't changed...

-p-

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back