Oven extractor hood has a split hose - repair?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The white flexible plastic hose connected to the top of the fan unit has developed a split right where the hose is connected to that unit.

The split runs about half way around the hose and as the area is very hard to access I can't see how to remove it then cut it level and re-attach. It looks like there's a chance it's glued on as there no obvious clip and the remaining hose can't be persuaded to pull off.

For now I've gone through a few contortions and managed to seal the split with good old duct tape but I suspect this isn't an ideal long term solution. Is there a more suitable type of tape that I should use?

As I type this I've just remembered that I also have some adhesive aluminium foil tape, would that be a better long term solution? Or is something else recommended?

Sponsored Links
Foil tape is better than nothing, but for a long term repair, the hose will need to be replaced.

Thanks, I'll rip off the duct tape then and replace it with the foil tape for now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back