Oven Filter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Im fitting a new kitchen and rewiring the ring main etc. I was just wondering when it comes to wiring in the oven hood is it acceptable to wire in a plug socket above the wall cabinets and then just plug oven hood directly into this. I know there is regs stipulating height of switches etc above 450 below 1200 but is the kitchen different? am i safe in putting a socket above the wall cabinets?
Cheers for any advice

Sponsored Links
Why not a fused spur? Do the instuctions ask for anything in particular?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice and info guys.
dont really want to run a fused spur as its going to be a new rewire in kitchen so want it all on one ring. its easier for the layout, trust me
Iwas going to put in a 3 gang switch for my fridge, microwave and oven hood but think its easier and obvioulsy less space consuming just having sockets in noted places. Im also having an integrated fridge freezer fitted but have just decided to place a socket inside the cabinet above the fridge, there is approx 200 mm gap at present.
Cheers again lads

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back