oven switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi.Can someone help.Iwant to fit electric under oven rated 3000 wats.Cable is going to be 2.5 from 16 amps mcb into cooker labled 45amps switch.2.5 flex heat proof to oven itself.Gas hob is fitted above it.Above workserfices it is immposible tofit cooker switch as difficult to disconnect it if need to be.Can i fit switch behind next base cabinet.also i need 13amps socket for gas hob ignition Now can i take spur from cooker switch or should i use cooker switch with socket built into it or i take spur out of ring main.Someone mentioned use 20amps cooker switch but i have seen all cooker switches marked 45amps DP.

Sponsored Links
Come on, Saleem. Admit defeat and pay somebody to do it properly. Howe many more times will you post up the same old question and ignore the responses?

switch does not matter if it is 45 or 95! it is the breaker that it is connected to( and the cable )

3kw is not a lot. some have plugs on.

Ding
He will continue to post until someone guesses the answer he's looking for. Then he will thank them and go away happy, blaming their advice when something goes wrong.

Sponsored Links
darren7 said:
switch does not matter if it is 45 or 95! it is the breaker that it is connected to( and the cable )

3kw is not a lot. some have plugs on.
Thank you mentioning 3KW is not a lot.Can you honestly answer my question in full .I have never had complete response to my original point in full.There is no cable or plug on my oven.It is realy frustrating when some of you take **** out of honest peoples.
Thank you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back