Over head light for shower enclosure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I'm thinking of getting a light fitted in the ceiling for my shower enclosure.

Any recommendations please :)

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
What sort of light did you have in mind? Surface or flush?
Were you thinking of a downlight?
How high is your ceiling?
Just a light, or a fan/light combo?

What sort of light did you have in mind? Surface or flush?
Were you thinking of a downlight?
How high is your ceiling?
Just a light, or a fan/light combo?

Hi, A downlight I think and the ceiling is high enough, and flush fitting i think.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
OK. So not in a bathroom zone. Then at least it is a DIY job and not notifiable.

Choosing a light from a looks point of view is very much a personal matter. You may want to choose different light temperature, warm white perhaps.
Over a shower, out of zones, the downlight should have a rating of at least IP44.
I like the Collingwood range https://www.collingwoodlighting.com/en/by-application/bathroom-lights

But - as the saying goes - you pays your money, and you take your choice.

OK. So not in a bathroom zone. Then at least it is a DIY job and not notifiable.

Choosing a light from a looks point of view is very much a personal matter. You may want to choose different light temperature, warm white perhaps.
Over a shower, out of zones, the downlight should have a rating of at least IP44.
I like the Collingwood range https://www.collingwoodlighting.com/en/by-application/bathroom-lights

But - as the saying goes - you pays your money, and you take your choice.

Thank you Taylortwocities, they look good :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back