Shower enclosure with RCD plug

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have one of those shower enclosures you can get off ebay. The shower is not electric but the enclosure with the LED lights and radio / steam unit etc is.

The shower comes with a fixed RCD plug .... how should this be wired? I cant have a plug socket in the bathroom!

Sponsored Links
You will need to extend the cable from the shower enclosure and connect to a suitable point outside the bathroom.

Obviously, the point will need to be RCD protected, or use the supplied RCD plug.

I assume this FleaBAY item complies with all UK regulations, or is it an import?

You could also install an RCD spur and chop of the adaptor on the shower flex.
Question is are your existing house circuit already protected by RCDs?
If so it is a simple FCU. Plus Part P.

Im assuming you mean a spur from the ring main? and not a seperate direct connection to the consumer unit?

My thoughts were to feed the cable through the partition wall to a FCU and have a switch higher up the wall?

Sponsored Links
You can do that, but you still need RCD protection.

I do mean spurring off, either socket or light circuit by the means of a fused connection unit rather than a socket, but you could indeed spur a socket from socket circuit on reverse of wall.

I have one of these cubicles as well. When I was doing the plumbing under the floorboards I passed the cable under as well and brought it up in the next room where I plugged it in to a 13amp socket.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back