Overheating Cooker

18 Jul 2023
Reaction score
United Kingdom
The first I used the oven after I cleaned it, it overheated and shut off. I switched it back on, but since then, it keeps overheating and burns the food. Also, the red light switces on immediately as soon I turn on the oven. Could it be debris in the vents or the thermostat is broken?
Sponsored Links
What make/model? Did you clean the element(s)? I take it the red light didn’t come on before you cleaned it?
Thanks for your reply! It is a Diplomat. The thing is that it wasn't me who cleaned it and consequently I'm not sure what they exactly cleaned. No, the red light wasn't coming on as soon as I turned the knob, but after the oven had reached a high temperature.
  • Thanks
Reactions: CBW
If you don’t know where they’ve cleaned it, some wiring could have got wet and is arcing/shorting slightly
Sponsored Links
Thank you, Chris. Is this something that can be fixed easily or should I call an engineer?
Personally I would call an engineer or possibly an electrician

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local