Overkill?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We recently had a new roof and had a tile slip within three months of it being installed (previous roof was up there 80+ years and no problems, guess modern roofing standards/techniques have changed for the worst).

We've found a lovely, honest bloke who is going to lift, reseat and nail every single tile.

Am I going for overkill?

Or can I sit back the next time mega-force winds are predicted and gloat "yeah, do your worst?"

Thank you for reading.

Sponsored Links
Why have you not got the original roofer back to fix it? Surely they gave you a guarantee?

Sponsored Links
Why have you not got the original roofer back to fix it? Surely they gave you a guarantee?

Yeah he isn't interested.

I'd go legal on him but my wife (who sourced him on Facebook) tells me he comes from a very large family who post videos on there where they are openly doing bad things and I don't really want to wake up to find my car torched.

Sometimes it's better to withdraw and accept defeat.

How about having the new bloke repair the slipped tile and inspect the rest of the roof to see if it actually needs a complete refit?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back