overlapping footing.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi,i am building a 4ins block shed at bottom of garden, my next door heighbour has all ready built a block shed , the wall his side is right on the boundry, with his footing about 6 ins my side, would it be in order to put my footing 6ins above his footing, and 8 ins wider, there will be a minimum gap of about 3 in between our walls, with a plastic membrene in gag to keep out any damp, or could i cut his footing flush with his wall, i have 9ins disc cutter with diamond blade, i wan,t to keep tight as i can to his shed ,to minimise any loss on my side, many thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Hi

Speak with your neighbour and see if he has any objections to you utilising his boundary wall as one of your walls! If he agree's you will save having to build one wall, but you will need to use what used to be called a crocodile tie to tie your walls to his.

If he disagree's just build a wall about 1" away from his and use his protruding footing to build your wall from - shout as much as he like he unlikely has your permission to have built the foundation on your property!

Good Luck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back