Packing out an empty void at one end of a bath

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

In the very near future I'm going to have to redo the tiling around a bath. The problem is at the tap end as the angle coming off the straight edge is over 90 degrees from the long straight edge that the bath sits against (that can be re-sealed easily). There are tiles there ATM but as far as I can make out not much holding them up and once stripped out I'm going to have to fill the void with some form of framework, then marine ply across the top to give me a flat surface to tile on to, I say marine ply as the shower is also at that end of the bath so takes quite a bit of punishment and the solution installed needs to last without leaks for as long as possible and not the current BIAS (Bogged It and Scarper).

Bathtiles.jpg

Sponsored Links
Never meet a bath with s flat edge, has to be vertical to get a waterproof joint.

Ideally use the correct forum for you post.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back