Packing under shed base to stop rot?.

It's quite a big garden, probably 25% with both sheds.

The fence was a nightmare when we re-posted all that last year..

20190114_144810.jpg

Sponsored Links
Managed to find the instructions and the floor is in 4 sections, 6 joists per section.

I've ordered 48 joist supports, 2 for each joist on each section.

Will have to build it from the back forwards I think and level as I go, won't fasten the sections until is all level and sturdy.

Looks like a bit of a pain but worth the effort as it was just dead land and I need the storage space!.

Screenshot_20190114-144628_Drive.jpg

you need one at each end and one every say 400-700mm
so assuming you have one at zero and one central and one on the joint you will be 6 short

Yep you're right, I've got some hardwood that I might end up using to make the outside supports but will order another 6 to be sure!.

Sponsored Links
ok keep in mind the roof must be fully within the boundary and indeed any water shed[no pun intended] off the roof must hit your land and not shoot over the fence so give that wall extra treatment if near the fence

Yep roof will be 18" at least away from fence and eves will be slightly lower.

May have a look into guttering for both sheds later sounds a good idea.

Cheers for the pointers!.

gutter gives you a double whamy
not only does it capture the water it extends the cover by 2 or 3" from the gutter

gutter gives you a double whamy
not only does it capture the water it extends the cover by 2 or 3" from the gutter

Triple whammy as the rain water can be collected into a butt via a downspout and save on your water bill if it's metered.

Managed to find the instructions and the floor is in 4 sections, 6 joists per section.

I've ordered 48 joist supports, 2 for each joist on each section.

Will have to build it from the back forwards I think and level as I go, won't fasten the sections until is all level and sturdy.

Looks like a bit of a pain but worth the effort as it was just dead land and I need the storage space!.

View attachment 156704

Ahh so thats where my local forrest has gone...lol
Nice man cave..

Wife's got her eye on it now for a hot tub..

Might end up building it on a frame so I can remove the floor and fit a pourous mat when necessary..

The joys!.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back