Paint My House, How Much?

Sponsored Links
gcol said:
Actually, it works out at about 13.5' square Zampa. :rolleyes:
Square root of 17 = 4.123M
4.123 = 13.527 feet

13.5 Square as in the total perimeter?

Just done a quick calc...a closer figure to 17m2 in feet an inches would be walls 6"3' inches long apiece with a ceiling height of 7'6" that would come to a metric equiv of 17.32...(let me off the spare 32..)

20 TO 11 at night and Gcol has me unreeling a bloody tape measure all over the place... ;)

Whats all this square root malarky?...we didnt do all that stuff in Borstal...I was to busy in the greenhouse! :mad:

No 13.5 foot x 13.5 foot

if you think about it basically...... what's 4 x 4?
16 right???

So 4m x 4m = 16m sq

stands to reason that 17m sq is greater than 4m then.

17m sq works out at 13.5' x 13.5'

You tired Steve?

Sure you're not trying to work it out at a cube?????? That'd work out at 2.57m cubed.

Just away to do a front dash now, good early start .

You don't get 'em done lying in bed or pontificating.

Ta-rrrra. :)

Sponsored Links
gcol said:
No 13.5 foot x 13.5 foot

16 right???

So 4m x 4m = 16m sq

You tired Steve?

Sure you're not trying to work it out at a cube?????? That'd work out at 2.57m cubed.

Yep..cos its a room...but I know what you mean..im not 100% cos I was cream crackered last night...but arnt you working it out as a flat area?..like a floor or ceiling?

I meant a room that is 7 foot by 7 foot with a ceiling height of 7' 6"

I think your working it out by the linear..

Either that...or I totally stiched up my last customer when I gave them a price!! .. :confused:

Second opinion please anyone?

How big would a room be (as in how long and wide) in feet and inches or metres if the total amount of wall area in the room ....is 17M2?

7 foot (2.1 metres) by 7 foot?

Or 13.5 feet (4.1 metres! 13.5 feet?

Roughly........

Zampa said:
gcol said:
No 13.5 foot x 13.5 foot

16 right???

So 4m x 4m = 16m sq

You tired Steve?

Yep..cos its a room...but I know what you mean..im not 100% cos I was cream crackered last night...but arnt you working it out as a flat area?..like a floor or ceiling?

I meant a room that is 7 foot by 7 foot with a ceiling height of 7' 6"

I think your working it out by the linear..

Either that...or I totally stiched up my last customer when I gave them a price!! .. :confused:

Second opinion please anyone?

How big would a room be (as in how long and wide) in feet and inches or metres if the total amount of wall area in the room ....is 17M2?

7 foot (2.1 metres) by 7 foot?

Or 13.5 feet (4.1 metres! 13.5 feet?

Roughly........

well lets say theres no door, very small :LOL: , each wall would be 4.25m in total so lets say the height is 2m the walls would be 2.125m wide ;)

James said the room was 17m2. That works out as I have said. He wasn't giving you an amount of surface that wanted painting! What do you think more likely - that the living room is 13.5' x 13.5' or about 7' square? :rolleyes:
When people tell you the size of a room they give it in floor space and not wall area.

Ahhhhh.............thats the difference!...I wasnt calling your maths abilities to account :LOL: I based my 7x7 comment on what I assumed to be wall area...as that was what the thread was more or less about..but I see where you got that figure from now..

Ad there was me thinking I had ben pricing jobs wrong for years.. :confused:

I can put me tape measure back in the draw now.. :)

PLEASE STOP THE MATHS, IT'S DOING MY HEAD IN, HEHE...................Though no-one is ever correct, as ya need to measure every and i mean every wall to wall etc area to get an exact size and not just one measurement from wall to wall etc........................hehe.

gcol said:
James said the room was 17m2. That works out as I have said. He wasn't giving you an amount of surface that wanted painting! What do you think more likely - that the living room is 13.5' x 13.5' or about 7' square? :rolleyes:
When people tell you the size of a room they give it in floor space and not wall area.

now i see so you times the 13.5 by the 17m2 and devide by 7' which give 1.9, times by 8.9 which gives you 32.7m2, take away 15.7 which leaves 17m2 :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back