Paint not going on the same colour.

Sponsored Links
So the plaster was allowed 3 days to dry before painting? I would have waited longer say 3 weeks but it does also depend on the location, weather and ventilation.

So the plaster was allowed 3 days to dry before painting? I would have waited longer say 3 weeks but it does also depend on the location, weather and ventilation.
Yes that was what the plasterer said, "allow 2 to 3 days to dry and as long as it looks consistent pink colour all over you can paint 50/50 mist coat".
It was ventilated well, can't remember exactly what the weather was like.
If it was all over, or patchy I could understand, but it's only the one section.
Strange.

Sponsored Links
Finally had someone come round yesterday from the company who fitted the roof.
He said it was light refraction, caused mainly by the exposed brickwork on the walls and the brown frames.
He shone a light across the painted roof and to be fair it lightened the colour of the section so it could be a reasonable explanation.
Any thoughts please on this.
And any possible solutions as it still looks odd the way it is.
Thanks.

Dulux make a super, super matt paint. It is called Ultra Matt and they claim it has "non-reflective technology".

https://www.duluxdecoratorcentre.co.uk/dulux-trade-ultra-matt

I used it last year on the ceilings of a very large new extension because I was worried about the light bouncing off the walls and highlighting any plastering imperfections that I had missed. It did what it says on the proverbial tin. I was impressed with it and it is the first emulsion where I could touch in scuff marks left by the other trades and not need to worry about the sheen levels being different at the outer edges. Given that the site had many obstacles, the fact that I didn't have to worry too much about maintaining a wet edge was a massive bonus.

Annoyingly, I could only buy it from my local Dulux Decorator Centre, none of my other suppliers sell it. I would only ever recommend it for ceilings though, the super low sheen paints are impossible to wipe clean. Oh, and it is only available in 10L.

That said, I cannot guarantee that it will prevent your shadow problem. If the paint doesn't help then the only other thing I can think of is introducing a new light source to eliminate the shadow, worst case senario- paint the ceiling black...

Thanks for updating your thread though. I did think it might be a shadow- I should have mentioned shining a light against it.

I did suggest painting it black but it didn't go down too well with the wife:whistle:.
That ultra Matt looks interesting but at £68+ for 10ltr is a bit excessive especially when according to instruction it may only take 1 coat.
Also no guarantee it would work for my situation.
Thank you for info.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back