Painting a baby's cot?

I would say any type of paint spec if you piant it now and if your new baby is not here for another we while then paint smell will relax. AS for baby bitting it you can buy these plastic strips to put on for stoping them bitting it.

Good luck with whatever you decied to do and baby coming.

Paul.

Sponsored Links
does this calcium also build the child's mandibles to produce the force needed to bite through timber and make it splinter?

See your up to you usual games elrobbo, trying to cause arguments.
Dec has made a valid and constructive post.

and i have asked a valid and constructive question to which i don't know the answer! lets not pull this thread off topic though!

Sponsored Links
That paint is a disgusting price and TBH its probably taking advantage of a parents paranoia, i'd be more inclined towards mythic

http://www.mythicpaint.co.uk/[/QUOTE]

I have been looking into toys paints too and both Mythic and Ecos come to the same price for 1 litre including postage (Mythic only £1 cheaper; that is if Ecos were to use RM instead of DHL and if you select Ecos interior wood paint instead of the nursery one NB all their paints comply with EN71) There might be a cost difference for higher quantities though.

I have been looking into toys paints too and both Mythic and Ecos come to the same price for 1 litre including postage (Mythic only £1 cheaper; that is if Ecos were to use RM instead of DHL and if you select Ecos interior wood paint instead of the nursery one NB all their paints comply with EN71) There might be a cost difference for higher quantities though.

thanks for the heads up re EN71

I notice that Little Green eggshells are EN71 and I guess much cheaper

http://www.littlegreene.com/environmentally-friendly-paint

With regard to the extent to which paint makers are playing on the fears of parents- I have no idea how true that is but if I were painting a cot I would want to do my utmost to ensure that I did not do anything that might contribute to infant sudden death syndrome.

Mind you, the matress and television in the corner are pumping out free radicals...

Well around if not over 2000 babies in the UK each year are born with teeth, the Medics in their wisdom say that it is due to a high intake of calcium taken during pregnancy.

Dec
rubbish, the bit about the teeth and calcium,any excess calcium goes to the bones or gets peesed out, in my days.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back