Painting a baby's cot?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have been given a pine cot for our unborn baby, it has a couple of scuffs and teeth marks on it.

I want to sand it down and paint it a pale pink colour.

I've read on the internet that you can use any lead free paint, and I've also read that it has to be a special baby safe paint.

What is your opinion? I can't seem to find any special baby paint anywhere, even online :confused:

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Now that will teach me to open the link rather than just read it, wont it.

Dec

What if it's a boy?

LOL

But we live in enlightened times nowadays, Joe :rolleyes:

Anyway to the OP, nursery paint is a con, and any 'normal' paint is safe.

If the toddler is of a mind to chew the cot, then splinters will do more harm than any paint

If the toddler is of a mind to chew the cot, then splinters will do more harm than any paint

This is very unlikely. A newborn will not have teeth for a while and even when they do he or she will not have the strength to penetrate the cot enough to create splinters. Babies tend to be happy with a dummy so this is very unlikely.

We've all raised kids of our own ya know.

Well around if not over 2000 babies in the UK each year are born with teeth, the Medics in their wisdom say that it is due to a high intake of calcium taken during pregnancy.

Dec

Well around if not over 2000 babies in the UK each year are born with teeth, the Medics in their wisdom say that it is due to a high intake of calcium taken during pregnancy.

Dec

does this calcium also build the child's mandibles to produce the force needed to bite through timber and make it splinter?

i would plump for dcdec's advice as the other paint seems ridiculously expensive!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back