painting new internal doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
recently had some internal 6 panel doors fitted, just the cheapos, they come pre primed.

i want to paint these now, and want the longest lasting high white finish i can get.

will crown solo do what im after? been using dulux gloss on skirtings and door frames (this dulux was used upstairs, the new doors are down stairs)

Sponsored Links
If you liked the dulux gloss upstairs why not stick with it, rather than changing to crown solo downstairs. White with one manufacturer is not always that same as with another!

On watchdog or some such program the other night, dulux got a panning for not doing anything about the yellowing of their paint during 2010 but have said it is now all sorted so I guess it's now all ok.

My personal preference is for the oil based rather than water based for long term. All whites fade and loose the whiteness over time due to sunlight, dust and other particles. Being near a main road, or on it, can change the colour rapidly.

hi

was using the non drip dulux white gloss with the silver lid.

as this is downstairs "and more on show" i dont want the dulux to yellow to quickly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back