Painting queries

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have almost mist coated my hosue and am about to move onto my top coats

1) on the ceiling if my white paint comes down the side of the walls does it matter? I am thinking it will be painted over with 2 layers of my top coat colour anyway - but is there is a risk of paint build up being visible on the top of the wall?

I can try my best to cut in the ceiling at the top but inevitably will end up with some on the wall.

2) - similarly - when cutting in at the bottom - dies ti matter too much if some goes down onto the skkrting?

I understand you paint the skirting last anyway so can cover it up with undercoat/gloss.

I spose if you get thick layers you can sand it down.

Sponsored Links
Don't worry too much it's best to "overlap" paints a bit anyway to avoid gaps where they meet.

Just have a damp cloth or baby wipe and a dry cloth to wipe any paint spillages on skirt or floor etc. Clean it immediately when it happens.

Sponsored Links
I always come onto the skirtings and wall abit to make sure the coat comes right down, but I always brush it out (make sure it's a very thin coat and leave no thick edges) then cut it properly on the top coats

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back