Pairing new RF thermostat with old receiver

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My RT500RF thermostat has stopped working so I have bought a new one.
I’ve set the 12345 code to be the same on the receiver and the new thermostat. I just can’t get the new thermostat to talk to the original receiver. I carefully followed advice and steps from a post last year on pairing but it still doesn’t receive the call for heat from the new thermostat.

As it’s the same thermostat as the old one I had should the receiver recognise it or do I have to use the new receiver that cane in the new box too. Although it’s the sane thermostat the new receiver looks slightly different to the old one. 89B6A432-2FC8-4FDC-8D02-76AAF94F521A.jpegA2763A93-7E7F-476B-BA47-8A09490DB67F.jpegA8EC39DA-AE1D-4590-B345-257086584692.jpeg

Sponsored Links
just fit the new receiver in place of the old one, no wiring needed, just isolate the power and there are two small screws on the underside of the receiver, then it simply lifts off and the new one will pop straight on

just fit the new receiver in place of the old one, no wiring needed, just isolate the power and there are two small screws on the underside of the receiver, then it simply lifts off and the new one will pop straight on

sorry I don’t understand ‘no wiring needed’. If I undo the screws the front comes off and the wiring is in this part so would have to be undone and the whole box removed and new one wired up. The new one looks so different though inside yet the new thermostat is exactly the same as the old one.
I stupidly thought it’d be as easy as just replacing the old thermostat with the new one ‍♀️ I’ll probably have to call the guy on who installed it then. Thanks for replying.

Sponsored Links
sorry I don’t understand ‘no wiring needed’. If I undo the screws the front comes off and the wiring is in this part so would have to be undone and the whole box removed and new one wired up. The new one looks so different though inside yet the new thermostat is exactly the same as the old one.
I stupidly thought it’d be as easy as just replacing the old thermostat with the new one ‍♀️ I’ll probably have to call the guy on who installed it then. Thanks for replying.
sorry yes you are correct these dont use standard back plates, but not hard to wire up all the connections from the old one will go to the same connections on the new one, take a pic with your phone of the old wiring before removing anything in case you get mixed up

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back