Pairing programmable thermostat with existing WB receiver controller

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by Careful_Bodger, 24 Oct 2021.

1. Careful_Bodger

Careful_Bodger

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I currently have this controlling my fully GasSafe installed WB Greenstar 30i...
    upload_2021-10-24_18-52-48.png
    If I purchased this ...
    upload_2021-10-24_18-53-25.png
    Is it possible to unpair my existing thermostat shown top right, and replace/pair with the new programmable thermostat shown bottom right. I understand there could be possible timer conflicts between the receiver controller (top left) and the new programmable thermostat. Anyway - can it be made to work?

What I am trying to do is get programmable thermostat functionality without disturbing the WB front cover (i.e. to swap in receiver controller bottom left, and reconnect the control panel's EMS BUS). As I understand it, perhaps wrongly, the front cover is 'functional' and removing it is verboten under GasSafe rules.

As my local friendly heating engineer is excruciatingly busy, I would like not to call him in unless I need to.

2. Sponsored Links
  3. CBW

CBW

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    You may have to contact Worcester. One of the Worcester lads on here, or one or 2 others may know, but I’d say it isn’t.

Last edited: 24 Oct 2021
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. ianmcd

ianmcd

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    No wont work, you will have to replace them as a pair

• Thanks Thanks x 2