Pairing programmable thermostat with existing WB receiver controller

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I currently have this controlling my fully GasSafe installed WB Greenstar 30i...
upload_2021-10-24_18-52-48.png

If I purchased this ...
upload_2021-10-24_18-53-25.png

Is it possible to unpair my existing thermostat shown top right, and replace/pair with the new programmable thermostat shown bottom right. I understand there could be possible timer conflicts between the receiver controller (top left) and the new programmable thermostat. Anyway - can it be made to work?

What I am trying to do is get programmable thermostat functionality without disturbing the WB front cover (i.e. to swap in receiver controller bottom left, and reconnect the control panel's EMS BUS). As I understand it, perhaps wrongly, the front cover is 'functional' and removing it is verboten under GasSafe rules.

As my local friendly heating engineer is excruciatingly busy, I would like not to call him in unless I need to.

Sponsored Links
You may have to contact Worcester. One of the Worcester lads on here, or one or 2 others may know, but I’d say it isn’t.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back