Panasonic Washing Machine NA-168VX3

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I placed a moderate load in my Panasonic Washing Machine NA-168VX3 but noticed after a while that the drum does not rotate but just moves right to left continuously but never completing a complete revolution like normal but moves right to left 30 degrees only in a jerking fashion!

My first thought are has the drive belt broken? If so I have had a look online but cannot find a drive belt for a Panasonic Washing Machine NA-168VX3. There was an error code but did not capture the code and any programme now the code does not show up but drum behaves the same!

Is there a substitute belt etc that can be bought and if so from where?

Many Thanks

Caesar

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Hi JJ4091

Too the back panel off, the drive belt is fine and attached correctly. Ran washer on a spin with drive belt disconnected but Motor made some slight jerky to and fro moments!

With belt disconnected spun the Motor pulley BUT the spinning action is very notch and jerky almost as if there is a flat spot on the commutator???

Does this mean that the motor is finished or does it need new bushes etc?

Water enters and exits the machine correctly

Took motor out, it now spins freely no jerky movements. The motor is a Panasonic HDBD204LB - 500W 325V IP00 m13200r/min

Re-installed the motor and when the electricity is connected the motor spins feels jerky again! Is this normal?

Is this a brushless Motor???

Many thanks

Last edited:
I cannot tell you if it is a brushless motor or not but a search fails to throw up any replacements so it may well be brushless. Your latest post suggests that if it is brushless then you are perhaps getting a permanent supply to one of the field coils when power is applied to the machine. This does not sound safe to me & my guess would be you have a faulty control pcb. Given parts do not seem readily available for your machine I don't think I would invest any time or money in it. Sorry I could not be more helpful, perhaps someone else will have more knowledge about Panasonics & follow up on here.

Thanks JJ4091 for your informative post and yes PCB & Motor are hard parts to get hold of and extremely expensive so mayn't be economical!

Anyone know how to test this motor to determine if indeed it is faulty?

Can it be wired to power up out of the machine for test purposes? The motor is a Panasonic HDBD204LB - 500W 325V IP00 m13200r/m

Photo of motor label attached if it helps?

Many Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_2280.JPG
    IMG_2280.JPG
    327.9 KB · Views: 128
There is a guy breaking a Panasonic machine for spares & is selling 2 motors on e-bay who says he bought a new one that did not fix the problem. Suggests to me perhaps the pcb's fail, but he does not seem to have one of them.

HI JJ4091

Yes saw that on Ebay and also messaged the gentleman and yes indeed it appears to be the dreaded PCB Fault! Have consigned myself to buying a new machine as the PCB is approx £300 to £400!!! Makes no economical sense to buy at all and make this another throw away appliance! What a waste such a nice machine solidly built and functions beautifully when it works!

Many thanks for all your help really appreciate it.

Your welcome, it's always worth trying to save an appliance but getting a lot more difficult to do it economically these days.:(

Thanks JJ4091, agree Manufacturers should be legally made to supply machine components for 15 years at an affordable rate to stop this throw away attitude. May be good for their profits but not the landfill or environment!!

Now tend to look at manufacturers who provide long term warranties on these appliances. Hate throwing away any appliance that can be fixed at an economical price.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back