Panel change - how to stop bellbox from sounding?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Unable to find the engineer code for our Accenta G3 so have caved in to pressure from alarm mad son and bought a G4. We are about to do the swop but don't want to disturb our neighbours and I certainly ain't going up a ladder in this wind and rain.

Is there a simple way to prevent the bellbox (CQR Cequra) from sounding? Could we twist the tamper wires together while doing the swop? Would we then need to attach the bellbox + and - supply to a backup battery?

Sponsored Links
attach the + and - from the bell box to the back up battery that shoul;d stop it from sounding off.

did you also buy a new battery for your new panel?

Oasis

New battery New battery New battery New battery New battery New battery New battery New battery New battery New battery New battery New battery New battery New battery

Did I repeat myself :cool:

Sponsored Links
that will be ok for a couple of years, why did you not just default your existing panel instead of changing it out?

Oasis

Default? Does that mean going back to factory settings? Can that be done without the engineer code?

The main reason I suppose is that we have caved in after about five years of nagging that the panel is old-fashioned! Yes, yes, I know.... but five years of constant nagging gets to you in the end.

Probably completely unrelated to this but last night at 10 pm the bell box suddenly activated. We couldn't disable it from the keypad so we disconnected the power to it in the panel and after ten minutes it died. 12 y.o son says the LEDs on the box were indicating a tamper and the likely cause is a rusted tamper switch behind the cover, is he right?

Also the fact that it died after 10 minutes probably means the bell box battery is goosed, right?

Clever 12 year old. Could be that or a few other things.

The SAB could be set at 10 mins, hence it "died" after ten. A set of ladders will prove or disprove the above.

Clever 12 year old.

Thanks. Do you want to give him a job? He's one of many alarm-obsessed boys around the country who build systems in their bedrooms. He is getting too big to go up chimneys but I'm sure he would make a useful assistant once you'd got him out of bed in the mornings.

If he can keep his mobile in his pocket and not text 6 million times a day.
Be on time and be clean, respectful to clients who knows :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back