parapet wall coping leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ok after storm last night had a small leak at the top of our window in the kitchen. Took a look above and lifted off coping.
Seems the lead stops short of the cavity and there is no tray or dpm across the cavity :( When i lifted the stones the cement bed on inner wall was very wet which looks like its been leaking in here and running down the inside of the inner cavity wall.

How can i fix this till i get it all relayed properly come spring? Any suggestions do i lay some dpm over or under that lead across cavity? Any suggestions appreciated thanks.

Sponsored Links
From your post and pic its difficult to understand what you mean.
Can you show a larger context pics from outside and a pic from inside?
What is the lead you refer to?
How have the copings been fixed?

Ok will try and get another photo, dark here now but i think i took another angle.
In the meantime if you click on that thumbnail above should give larger view? Lead flashing on right hand course only which literally rests on block work with mortar on top between coping and lead. You can see at the top of the photo a coping stone (single weathered sloping towards inner drain gulley internal wall) they are bedded on mortar directly on top of block work.

The leaking side seems to be the right hand course, in more detail, the face between the lead and mortar, and coping stone and mortar, sort of both faces. I could lift the blocks off and the mortar off the lead, so none of it bonded well.

No DPM between cavity or zinc/lead capping evident currently under blocks.

Sponsored Links
I'm not much wiser. Why not take the pics in daylight?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back