Parental responsibility

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On the news this morning

Some father was jailed for serious eexual abuse against his daughter(s) ??

He is been put on the sex offenders register and on his release he is banned from associating with children under the age of 16

That covers all the children in the UK

Apart from his own daughter(s) the law does not apply to them due to parental responsibility

The estranged wife has had to go to court spend 30 grand in legal fees to get an order in place banning him from having any contact with his daughter / victim until she is 18

What a caper

She is trying to get the law changed

Sponsored Links
A small correction.. I don't think its clear that the abuse was against his own child/children?

If that was the case, the legal position could be rather different as there are different ways to protect victims. I think she may be looking for something more permanent than a non-molestation order. To be honest there are plenty of charities who help and she probably could have done this herself. £30k seems like the firm were taking the pee.. but I've seen it cost a lot more.

I have helped people foc get non-mols on many occasions. The problem comes, when the criminal (who has time on his hands) spends all day reading every single case to argue obscure defences.

This man will never change. He will always have an attraction to children. I don't think there is a place for him in society once he is released.

A crazy situation in America allows rapists to get access rights to the kids born as a result . Absolute mental situation

Sponsored Links
From my schoolie days, I know that parental responsibility is a minefield. It was codified (I think) in the Children Act in the late 80s/90s; and I recall with amazement, finding out that a child can, due to legal issues, have up to eleven people in their life with parental responsibility! Yep, eleven. Parents, foster parents, legal guardians, social workers etc etc. Removing PR is a nightmare. The only good legal news is that a person with PR can still be banned, as shown, from any contact with the child. (But they still have a say...)

Back