Parking suspended

S

sodthisforfun

Got a parking ticket last night for parking outside my house at 6pm (restricted til 11pm) as there was nowhere else to park. Typical as we rarely see a traffic warden around here and they normally go home at 4pm as their center is a 40 min drive away.

Anyway, there's two free public car parks that serve around 50 flats/houses, pubs and a couple of local businesses, so parking is always a nightmare here anyway. The council have closed one of them temporarily, using it as storage for them to do some roof work on a block of flats.

I am of course, going to contest the ticket as it leaves around 10 spaces in the one carpark open available for all of the neighbours. Do I have any legal right? I very much doubt it, but be good to know if parking restrictions should've been suspended or something to allow people to park at home and I can use that in my arguing!
Cheers :)

Sponsored Links
Got a parking ticket last night for parking outside my house at 6pm (restricted til 11pm) as there was nowhere else to park. Typical as we rarely see a traffic warden around here and they normally go home at 4pm as their center is a 40 min drive away.

Anyway, there's two free public car parks that serve around 50 flats/houses, pubs and a couple of local businesses, so parking is always a nightmare here anyway. The council have closed one of them temporarily, using it as storage for them to do some roof work on a block of flats.

I am of course, going to contest the ticket as it leaves around 10 spaces in the one carpark open available for all of the neighbours. Do I have any legal right? I very much doubt it, but be good to know if parking restrictions should've been suspended or something to allow people to park at home and I can use that in my arguing!
Cheers :)
There's a very good forum google fightback forums. Very helpful there for parking.

However this makes my **** boil :evil::evil: who the cvnting **** deserves a ticket parked outside their own house. Should be an exemption if your number plate =x and address=x then send message to loser traffic warden to move on / die / drown in own faecies etc.

Anyway happy Friday (y)

Sponsored Links
Choose better where you live perhaps?
Nah within reason everyone should be entitled to park outside their house I get it theres these time zones designed to stop people parking. But even then what's the point our councils and government are sh1t had they provided decent cheap transport trams etc we wouldn't have so many cars. Instead they just blame the commuters.

Get your local mp involved and send the appeal.
These councils milk us motorists for every penny despite us paying the total bill for road maintenance.

That’s fine with civil parking firms but the council will just take you to court and turn you 80 quid fine in to 600

Well, you are the expert, but I don't think that is the case. I'm not suggesting he refuse to pay; just keep asking for details.

If it is then, then it is a disgrace.

No grounds for appeal. Pay up and avoid the stress
Not so sure about that - if they take away the only parking then surely they should suspend the restricted zones? With losing half the amount of available parking, no warning that the carpark was being shut off (was ok when I left in the morning) I am unable to park anywhere near my home. It's an ordinary (mainly residential) street, in a conservation area and not a town center or anything that is important or can cause jams.

Everyone should appeal - at least they earn their money a bit then with the paperwork involved!! :)

Sponsored Links
Back