Parquet floor refurbishment.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our living room has an original parquet floor in the 5 finger wood block pattern. As its now 50+ years old its in need of refurbishment to bring it back to former glory, not that its in bad condition, just tired and some scratches.
I'm not sure I want to risk DIY on this job for fear of ruining the wood, how much would a fair price be for a pro' to carry out the work please. The room is about 13' x 22', we live in Suffolk.
Thank you for advise and comment.

Sponsored Links
Hi, I did my first parquet floor a few years back using reclaimed blocks. I was given the number of the man who created Heritage Flooring. he is based in Kent and mentored me throughout. He was very enthusiastic and after completion, offered me some work which I had to decline as my back went in a big way.
I cannot believe how little I knew and how much he did, there are so many ways to mess it up but with the right equipment and some good advice, most practically minded people should be able to do what you are thinking of attempting, if you are at all unsure, it would be best to get someone in to quote you.
I will leave a link below for his company, they are based in Maidstone in Kent but I know he has travelled in the past, however, as far as I know, these have been large contracts.
Good Luck and please let us know how you get on...A

http://www.heritageflooringuk.com/

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back