Parquet flooring......

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All,
Could you please help!!!

I had damage my Parquet flooring due to water leak which needs to be replaced as the wood blocks were soft wood. I have taken the old parquet wood off and found these blocks were stuck with btiuman (black stuff).

How can I remove this bitumen off the floor? I have been told that the glue used today will not stick to bitumen, or is there any glue which will stick to bitumen?

Secondly, I have received my parquet hard wood blocks 40square meters and they have tunge and grove.
On my old Parquet flooring I had Harringbow pattern with 2 blocks of boarder and I want to do the same design with boarder. I know that I have start in the middle of the room but I am not sure if I have to do the boarder first or last.

Sponsored Links
Honestly don't know any glue that would stick to this, I would try your best to remove it.

As for the second part of the question, don't know, got no experience.

Sorry I couldn't be much of help :/

Dear All,
Could you please help!!!

I had damage my Parquet flooring due to water leak which needs to be replaced as the wood blocks were soft wood. I have taken the old parquet wood off and found these blocks were stuck with btiuman (black stuff).

How can I remove this bitumen off the floor? I have been told that the glue used today will not stick to bitumen, or is there any glue which will stick to bitumen?

Secondly, I have received my parquet hard wood blocks 40square meters and they have tunge and grove.
On my old Parquet flooring I had Harringbow pattern with 2 blocks of boarder and I want to do the same design with boarder. I know that I have start in the middle of the room but I am not sure if I have to do the boarder first or last.

Dont know why you want to glue your parquet to old bitumen mate, you say its tongue and groove, therefore it locks itself into place, just remove all the old bitumen, use a good floor scraper.

2 ways of doing your pattern with a border, 1,you can mark the border out on the floor,then inside that set your floor marking out for the herringbone pattern,then lay the border first.
2, set your marking out as above,but just lay you border as you are going with the pattern.
it just depends on how confident you feel doing it, either way you got to set your floor out correctly first

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back