Parquet and kitchen design help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, time has come around for me to get on with job ive been putting off for ages in my small flat. Going to take down wall between front room and kitchen to make open plan. My problem: old 70s flat and has parquet flooring which is in pretty good nick. Not my personal preference, but dont have the money to replace with anything decent that will outweigh the cost of removing the parquet. Kitchen tiles currently are terrible.

So do I: 1) continue parquet into the new kitchen space. This will obviously require sourcing and expert fitter to match up styles. Could be pricey im guessing! Ive also been told parquet in a kitchen area is bad idea due to risk of spills. or
2) use tiling which will i think affect that nice flow through appeal of same flooring, but I guess will allow kitchen area to be designated by the change in flooring.
If you think 2), any suggestions on a good match that wont totally clash with a mid to light parquet (busy square) pattern. Thanks so much in advance for any help!!

Sponsored Links
if you contrast it rather than try to get close with tiles it will look fine. pop a strip over the join and its no different than laminate to tile.

Not sure of your decor but a dark, plain floor tile would be my choice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back