parquet laying (gluing) to a new underfloor heated room

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Living in Switzerland and about to lay parquet over a newly laid floor with underfloor heating. The floors were poured a couple of weeks ago, and will be heated up this week to cure the floors. I have a number of questions:-
1. Do I need to sand the floors?
2. Shall I glue the parquet (click system) down?
3. Do I need an expansion gap if the floor is glued?
4. Do I leave an expansion gap at the door?
5. What is best glue to use? - The floors are some kind of cement come plaster material.

Any advice will be well received. Kind regards. John

Sponsored Links
With parquet, do you mean (like most in mainland Europe) solid flooring (be it floorboards or wood blocks)?
If your wood floor comes unfinished, yes then you'll have to sand it after installing it.
It's best to fully glue down a wood floor with flexible adhesive - like Mapei P990 - when there is UFH involved. Note: wood-engineered floors would be better suited than solid floors.
Yes, leave a wide enough expansion gap around the perimeter of the whole floor, including doorways and any other 'obstacle'.

For more information about wooden flooring and UFH see here

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back