Part P......... again

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've seen a few posts about Part P now & I would just like something clarified :eek: . I'm doing a 5 day DISQ course at the end of the month. If I pass, am I correct in saying that I have a certain amount of time to get 2 jobs inspected (1 major & 1 minor) before I can join the NICEIC scheme & self certify my work.

Thanks

Marc

Sponsored Links
The DISQ is there to provide the basic electrical qualification required for entry to a competent persons scheme. It is for existing practitioners with no formal qualifications and it is nothing to do with your application for membership to the NICEIC (or any other body).

Ask your tutor. Where are you doing the course, by the way?

If you don't have background knowledge of electrical installation, the 5-day course is going to be difficult to pass.

Sponsored Links
Norv, I was also looking at doing that same course. Could you let me know how you get on and how you found the course?

Many thanks

Neil

I did a 2 day foundation then the 5 day DISQ, it was good, It actually taught me how much I dont know ! then i went on and did the C&G 2381.

brookwood said:
I did a 2 day foundation then the 5 day DISQ, it was good, It actually taught me how much I dont know ! then i went on and did the C&G 2381.

Then came on here today asking if somebody could explain PFC. :rolleyes:

No mate, it isn't a crime asking and I would recommend you ask as many questions here as you can think of.

But you have stated here that you've done 7 days training (and the fact you've answered leads me to believe you think it's worthwhile). Yet you asked yesterday if somebody could explain PFC. This is basic knowledge for an electrician and my understanding is the DIS qualification is meant to be regarded as the 'basic qualification' for an electrician.

I assume you haven't applied to the schemes yet. Before you apply I suggest you bury your head in your books and ask for as much help as you need.

From my understanding & talking to the NICEIC, if you pass the DISQ you can register on the NICEIC Domestic Installer Scheme.

I have a couple of years experience working part time with a kitchen fitter & plumber doing their installations but having to get it inspected.

My course is at the Bracknell Traing Centre

We've all go to start somewhere I suppose!!

Norv said:
From my understanding & talking to the NICEIC, if you pass the DISQ you can register on the NICEIC Domestic Installer Scheme.

Correct. But they are not the same thing, as some delegates seem to believe. The DISQ is one of several possible qualifications required as a pre-requisite to entry onto the DI Scheme. You still need to pass an on-site assessment before being allowed to self-certify building regs compliance.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back