part p - consumer unit. tails, rcd help

I see the difference RF lol

Will probably take your advice. Kind of want him to explain and do something - change tails and bonding atleast before having to fork out for new job with someone else.

RF what is busbar shield please?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The busbar sheild is in the red box.

It is to make it more difficult to accidentally touch the exposed live copper busbar if you have the CU cover off and the main switch on.

sheild.jpg

Though if you have the cover off and the isolator on, you should really know to keep away from the busbar :LOL:

Sponsored Links
The difference is that the bottom pic shows conductors bunched to create a higher thermal effect

Thought I would update all on outcome. The guy came back, put everything right i.e. new box, right way up, new tails, 16mm earth, 10mm bonding, RCD.

He stated that the box was untidy but he did his best. He said I have lots of wiring that has been added to by the person who had the house before me. This means he doesn't have the flexibility to make it as neat as he would like. Kind of makes sense when you look at all the wiring coming into the box from elsewhere.

So, a big thankyou to all for advice and guidance as I would have been lost without you guys.

WE WANT PHOTOS :D

Seriously tho, there was no excuse for the appaling job which was done the first time, things like the insulation being stripped back too far where entering the junction boxes etc.

Brave to let him back.
Judging from that standard I wouldn`t even trust him to clean me windows.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back