Part-P Domestic Installation Certificate

It means the PartP does not comply with the Law in that the sparks who issued it did not do the work, nor did his firm. He is a 3rd party and just did the sign off. On the back of the PartP Cert it says ...
I'm still not totally clear as to what this certificate you're calling a 'PartP' actually is - is it an Electrical Installation Certificate or a Building Regulations Compliance Certificate?

Kind Regards, John

Part P of the BR

Sponsored Links
A photo of this "mystery" certificate would be helpful

Cover any names and address or edit the image to remove them.

I'm still not totally clear as to what this certificate you're calling a 'PartP' actually is - is it an Electrical Installation Certificate or a Building Regulations Compliance Certificate?
Part P of the BR
It sounds as if you're probably trying to describe a Building Regulations Compliance Certificate. However, all of the initial discussion in this thread, including the link you posted when you were told that the certificate mentioned in the thread title does not exist, seemed to relate to Electrical Installation Certificates. What 'title' is there at the top of this certificate?

Kind Regards, John

Has this cert any legal status, do you have to be red Part-P, or can anyone fill it in?
How can someone be a red part of the Building Regulations?

I am asking these questions, in order to advise a client who had a (proven ) dogy PartP.
He had a dodgy part of the Building Regulations?

It means the PartP does not comply with the Law
Part of the Building Regulations does not comply with the law?

Part P of the BR
This is Part P of the BR:

34245971.jpg

the sparks who issued it did not do the work, nor did his firm.
He is a 3rd party and just did the sign off.
How did that come to light, and what were the consequences for the homeowner?

Sponsored Links
Part P of the BR
It sounds as if you're probably trying to describe a Building Regulations Compliance Certificate. However, all of the initial discussion in this thread, including the link you posted when you were told that the certificate mentioned in the thread title does not exist, seemed to relate to Electrical Installation Certificates. What 'title' is there at the top of this certificate?

Kind Regards, John

The title of the cert which contains the test results and circuit schedule is "Part-P Domestic Electrical Installation Certificate", it comes from Fluke SW and I guess it was generated by using a 1651 tester.
I'll try to post a pic later

The title of the cert which contains the test results and circuit schedule is "Part-P Domestic Electrical Installation Certificate", it comes from Fluke SW ...
Fair enough. Despite the title of these forms, and the fact that you refer to them a 'PartP', they haven't really got anything directly to do with Part P of the Building Regs. Indeed, I imagine that domestic EICs were around long before Part P was born (only about 8 years ago) - and, as you've been told, anyone (not necessarily even an electrician) who is 'competent', in the everyday sense, can complete one. As such, and in response to your original question, such a document probably has limited 'legal status', and serve no direct 'legal purpose' (although that doesn't mean one can complete one fraudulently/dishonestly and be immune from repercussions).

However, you have told us that the perpetrator was thrown out of his 'compliance scheme', by which I presume you mean a 'Competent Persons [formal meaning] Self-Certification Scheme'. If that's the case, then, if the work were notifiable under the Building Regs, one imagines that he will also have issued a 'Building Regulations Compliance Certificate'. Unlike an EIC, such a certificate is an integral part of the process required by the law (the Building Regs), and therefore presumably has much more 'legal status'. Fraudulently/dishonestly issuing a BR Compliance Cert is therefore probably on a par, legally speaking, with fraudulently/dishonestly certifying a passport photo or fraudulently issuing a death certificate, and I presume is probably a criminal offence.

Kinnd Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back