part p retrospective for building contol

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there, I wonder if anyone can help me. I've recently had an extension on the rear of my house. I employed a local electrician to carry out the wiring etc - who assured me he was part p registered etc. Building inspector has been today, and is insiting on a design and installation certificate. I've been trying to get hold of the electrician for weeks - I'm sure he's gone bust, as his phone is dead and he no longer advertises in the paper. What can I do ?? The extension is now complete, and Building Inspector is insisting on these docs. Can these docs be issued retrospectively by another elecctrician ??

Sponsored Links
Can't you insist that the council does the test as part of the fee charged the b/regs application

Sponsored Links
if they didn't do the visual inspection at first fix, how can they be sure that the cables are all in the safe zones etc?

I've seen some contractors who did the council checks, use a cable detector to trace the cable route, and otherwise remove back boxes to peer behind dry lining etc.

I think they can generally tell an acceptable installation even though it may not be 100% inspected

I've seen some contractors who did the council checks, use a cable detector to trace the cable route, and otherwise remove back boxes to peer behind dry lining etc.

I think they can generally tell an acceptable installation even though it may not be 100% inspected

Summat special these bco's eh woods?

There is not a bco on this planet that could remove one of our back boxes without some serious damage, as we make a point to fully enclose them in a continuous splodge of dab. :eek:

Air leakage and all you know... :rolleyes: :LOL:

Seems like you don't want the boxes to be removed ..... something to hide? :eek:

I'll have to send a special BCO up there, me thinks. :cool:

wtf is a Bco doing messing about removing back boxes and what would he expect to find or be looking at ? :eek:

Noseall has had a hard day grafting in the heat and his eyes are all hazy. :p

I did mention "contractors who did the council checks"

But obviously if the boxes wont come out, then I suspect that no-one is going to kango them out, and so checks have to be done in other ways

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back