Part P

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the point of this site?Every question has an answer "Have you thought about part p?"What a waste of a website and what a load of sad ******s you lot are,just waiting for someone to say "i want to put an outside light up"and ban all sheds reply-"Part P?"
So if you want advice on changing lightbulbs or putting a new socket in a bedroom carry on if not get ready for-"Part P!!!!!!!!"
cya later knobheads i'm never coming here again,about as usefull as a chocolate teapot!

Sponsored Links
If it is such a poor site why have you bothered to make nine posts. No one forced you to come here. Most posts make hoseholders aware of part P, when necessary because alot of people are not aware of it or the implications of non-compliance. Most posts will however still offer help and advice.

*sigh*

We have been through this before, like it or not, part p is the law, and the fact of the matter is many people are ignorant of the fact because no one bothered to publicise the fact that the building regulations were extended. This forum exists to give people advice on doing a job properly, and along with safety, legallity must figure into properly, don't you think. Its upto a poster if they comply with the building regs or not, but I'd be doing them no favours if I told them how to do some work but left the legal aspects out would I, because it then leads them to breaking the law through ignorance of it.

If it wasn't widely known that you need to have a license to drive, and this was the car section of the forum, would you be having a go at us for informing people that they need a license to drive :?:

Sponsored Links
as a gas engineer who does his own electrics for last 30 years.i had to do part p.
it was a real eye opener.in the past my wiring has been ok ,but now i know how to test my work, identify poor earthing and bonding,all the books from the coures will answer all the questions asked here.
i suggest any householder who wants to do own electrical work,does part p,not really that difficiult.but one guy was asked to leave my course as he was basically stupid and ignorant.he also had a stupid name.
cheers.

sqongo said:
What is the point of this site?Every question has an answer "Have you thought about part p?"What a waste of a website and what a load of sad **** you lot are,just waiting for someone to say "i want to put an outside light up"and ban all sheds reply-"Part P?"
Why do you have a problem with people on here advising people on the legality of their actions?
So if you want advice on changing lightbulbs or putting a new socket in a bedroom carry on if not get ready for-"Part P!!!!!!!!"
cya later knobheads i'm never coming here again,about as usefull as a chocolate teapot!
I believe everyone is entitled to their own opinion, mine is that people should have the choice of wether or not to obey the law, I would not tell them it is OK to break the law, I would certainly advise them if what they are going to do involves breaking the law, wether or not they take on this advice is entirely their own decision, not mine to make for them.

just-thinking said:
i suggest any householder who wants to do own electrical work,does part p,not really that difficiult.
The problem is that the schemes are designed with the trades in mind, chances are a DIYer would not be doing enough electrical work to justify £400 a year membership and then insurance as well, etc, A diyer has got to just hope that he has an LABC thats easy to work with, that will certs from anyone as long as the work, the testing, and the cert has been done in a competant manner

but one guy was asked to leave my course as he was basically stupid and ignorant.he also had a stupid name.
cheers.

:LOL: lol thats a good idea, give all stupid people stupid names so that they are easily identifiable :LOL:

Next time you want advice on wiring a 13a plug, go to screwfix.
Alternatively, take the L in one hand, N in the other and get some other dopey named t@#t to turn the power on.

Sorry, not usually so abusive, just saw red(or Brown...) :evil:

sqongo said:

yeh , right whatever, get a life!!!

not enjoining the good and forbidding the evill is what is sending this and many societies down a path of destruction.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back