Part Qualified seeking experience Hampshire/Berkshire area.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Im a part qualified plumber looking to expand my experience in the Hampshire/Berkshire area. I've done Unvented heating installation and bathroom and kitchen installation but am looking for more experiance preferably on the heating side. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
How would I bleed the pump? Thanks.

Its good that you want to gain experience!

But it always worries me when I see that you are doing jobs when you clearly dont have even the most basic knowledge requirements.

From your original post it seems you might be expecting to be paid whilst you train. In that case be aware there are many looking for jobs who are well experienced.

Even if you are prepared to work for free to get experience then why should somebody train you so you can take their customers and undercut thir quotes?

Sponsored Links
From your original post it seems you might be expecting to be paid whilst you train. In that case be aware there are many looking for jobs who are well experienced.

Even if you are prepared to work for free to get experience then why should somebody train you so you can take their customers and undercut thir quotes?

Tony, when you left BBC to be a CCC, did you not do the same thing you are advocating against now? Or am I missing something. :rolleyes:

No, I had to train myself.

Mostly because all those I came across or heard of seemed to have little understanding of how boilers actually work. So my only solution was to train myself. Not really very difficult reading MI and playing with a few old boilers.

But I had already installed three whole house heating systems and maintained oil and gas boilers for over 10 years.

Tony

No, I had to train myself

i'll refrain from reminding you of the old proverb
;)

Seriously we would be happy to help you out but recently we have had to knock it on the head after that expose in one of the trade mags recently which reported a firm having to pay back pay and taxes for someone he was giving free training to after the chaps dad bubbled him to HMRC

nice

so we wont or cannot help anyone out like this for the foreseeable

:)

Well thanks for the replies and for the Dig Tony but you started somewhere and that was in a place i rent out where i couldn't get a plumber in so changed the 3 port valve myself. As you said training myself. Just felt the tenants deserved to have it done quickly. My experience lies mainly with bathrooms and kitchens that why i said i'd like experience in central heating! But yeah great support Tony! Cant wait till im as perfect as you.

Mostly because all those I came across or heard of seemed to have little understanding of how boilers actually work. So my only solution was to train myself. Not really very difficult reading MI and playing with a few old boilers.

Tony

Boiler/control fault finding is only part way to being a good overall gas engineer , i don't agree the 'reading' of manufacturers litrature to be the way forward , correct training/hands on experiance is essential.

Mostly because all those I came across or heard of seemed to have little understanding of how boilers actually work. .

Tony

Just an observation of your overall postings and not a criticism.

Lots of good engineers out in the field that you obviously haven't met , these type of engineers keep themselves out of the limelight & don't usually post on these type of forums , fault finding/installation of domestic boilers/appliances is just a small fraction of works carried out in the gas industry as a whole.

But I had already installed three whole house heating systems and maintained oil and gas boilers for over 10 years.

Tony
Tony, you really are the biggest minge on this forum. So unbelievably pompous you are almost like a cartoon image of rgi, except one with a REALLY big chip on his shoulder.

Face it mate, your a scumbag plumber like the rest of us, your not superman and your not infallible.

Every time I read your posts, the saying ' the lady doth protest too much' becomes more apt.....

Minge

like the rest of us, your not superman and your not infallible.

Like my dear ole Dad used to quote "self praise is no praise" , sit these type guys round a table with some 'proper' engineers & i can guess who'll be the first to leave. ;)

I think Tony would be the last man standing, after he has bored everyone to death with his tales of his greatness.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back