Partitioning Garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Evening All,

I've submitted building regs to split our garage in half and make a utility room.

Quick question, its going to be 2.4m v 2.4m square and probably using Celotex GA4000 to raise the floor up with chipboard flooring to bring it up to the level of the rest of the house. Where the insulation finishes and I am building the metal partition wall what's the best way to support the wall. The insulation thickness will be 75mm. Can I just use joists sitting on the DPM and sit the new wall on that.

Sponsored Links
can you post a section view drawing of what your asking?

Hi,

Sorry I didn't see the reply. The building reg guy came to see me and offered me a solution which I did.

I built a course of bricks and lay the dpm on top of these and built a second course on top of the first.. sandwiching the dpm and allowing me to build the stud wall on top of the bricks and drill into them without puncturing the membrane.

I've laid 75mm Kingspan and 22mm chipboard which looks good.

I had to get a gas pipe moved as it ran internally in the garage where my new stud wall was going.. it now goes along the outside wall.

I can get away with an extractor fan as its a utility room but I do need to use fireboard on the outside of my stud wall sealed with fire expandable foam... or I can use 2 layers of plasterboard.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back