party political funding.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Should election costs of political parties be met by the state? i have been reading that in America over 60 percent of funding for the Democratic party is provided by Israeli/Zionists groups, they also provide over 30 percent of the Republicans funds, this means in effect that you can't get elected without the support of Zionists, maybe this is the real reason America invaded Iraq,
I would imagine the situation in the UK is something similar, if the state provided funds for election purposes there would be no need for politicians to grovel at the feet of special interest groups not just jewish ones i hasten to add, politicians would have listen to the majority of voters rather than minority groups who have agendas that may not be in the national interest.

Sponsored Links
What you mean is that , here in the UK, Labour wouldn't have to grovel to the likes of Bob Crow,Dave Prentis, Derek Simpson, etc ad nauseum. ;) ;)

No.

It's not hard to find out who funds who, and to change your vote accordingly.

Besides, it opens up a whole can of worms, who decides who get's what, how do you stop people treating it like a gravy train, and how is it democratic that I am forced to fund parties I would never vote for.

politicians would have listen to the majority of voters

The majority of voters vote for "that man X, cus he seemed nice on TV", or "I always vote for X (never having an idea who their local candidate is or what he is about)"

Politicians don't have to listen to the majority of voters, cus most of them vote stupid.

Sponsored Links
I think the state should fund political parties after all we pay the wages of politicians as it is.
Safeguards would have to be worked out to prevent abuse,

I think the state should fund political parties after all we pay the wages of politicians as it is.

We all thought there were safeguards in place to stop MP's wrongfully claiming on their expenses, after that fiasco ,, and yet it still happens.
What safeguards could we possibly believe ? (sorry,, fall for) ;) ;)

It's the system.
You can knock it- but you cant change it.
Why fight it ? Lifes too short.
AND- before you say I am a defeatist- I am certainly not.
It's like trying to climb Mount Everest alone-in a pair of smooth sole trainers.

Abu Hamza would soon be putting himself up for election :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back