party wall asking for risk assessment &....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Method statement on a domestic extension

the boundary is next to an EDF electric substation, i have already seen the layout of electric cables and none of them effect me, yet they are asking for above

do i need to provide this ?

Sponsored Links
Method statement on a domestic extension

the boundary is next to an EDF electric substation, i have already seen the layout of electric cables and none of them effect me, yet they are asking for above

do i need to provide this ?

I would say yes to prevent refusal
I would general cover all risks to their property
make a list
A Title
Your details
Start date
Completion date
Site address
Site contact details including emergency numbers etc
Document author
Issue date

The the big one
A brief description of the works, task or process
Hazard=====method of control
Dig foundations==== plans consulted for obstacles none marked in vicinity but addition locators will be used to confirm during progress
Failing material==== Scaffolding will be fitted with care and material lifted from Xmeters from party's boundry. Additions fencing to be provided.

But what ever you say you will do you must do it.

They have probably sent out the standard return as most contractor on bigger sites are requested to provide this info

Arrh yes, those two crucial bits of paper 'Risk Assessment' and 'Method Statement', without which the whole world would grind to a halt

Seems like the privatised energy suppliers are still hanging on to their bureaucratic ways.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back