Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Switched out pedestal basins for vanity units earlier this week, but the pedestal has left a huge hole in the pipe boxing underneath.

What do you think is the best way of patching up these holes? They're hidden away so I'm not worried about retiling, but I feel like there has to be a better option than leaving them like that.

Maybe make some boxing for the boxing??

sink2 (Small).jpg

sink1 (Small).jpg

Sponsored Links
Boxing inside a unit?
what a waste of space, rip it out, clean the areas up - perhaps just whitewash it all and use the space.

That's heaps better than covering it up, bet you can't tell this is my first project ;)

So once I've cleared that out and cleaned it up, what would suggest to cover up the ends of the boxing on either side?

I was thinking about cutting some plywood panels to fit the hole and pipes, and either getting moisture resistant wood or treating it with something to prevent any water damage.

Sponsored Links
The boxing extends along the wall of the bathroom past the edge of the vanity units. Should have mentioned that before, didn't realise you can't see that in the pictures.

So once the boxing inside the vanity is taken out, I'll have open ends on either side.

So, you cut vanity unit to get it around boxing instead of ripping out before you installed vanity unit?

Ah. Might be a faff to remove it then. Meh. Just cover it all up with some MDF, paint it, and try not to think about it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back