Patio level and damp course

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My patio is only 75mm below the damp course but has a linear drain running along the edge of the house. I know the rule is 150mm but technically it is the top of the linear drain that is 75mm below the dpc and the ground height next to the house is well below the 150mm. Is this OK and if not is there anything I can do to reduce the risk of damp.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20170201_173114.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 265
Sponsored Links
I've seen worse and seen no particular ill effects. I've also seen brand new houses with hard standing right up to the DPC level! Dunno how BC let them get away with it.

Many modern buildings have stepped docs to allow for level thresholds. Also many people mistake timber frame buildings with brick skins as standard masonry construction.

As for your 75mm, if its very exposed to driving rain it may be a problem but most likely it will never be an issue. There is no easy fix, there are work arounds such as creating a dry area trough but they are ugly and a haven for leaves and crap so only to be considered if redoing it properly is prohibitively difficult

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back