Patio Paint

Would anybody know what RobFurn has used between the slabs?

He has painted the slabs themselves white, but between the slabs looks grey almost?

Sponsored Links
Does anyone know whether it is grey pointing sand between the slabs?

I have just repainted my old slabs but they really need something to smarten the join between the slabs - already has concrete pointing which is U.G.L.Y.

I did not want to go to the effort of picking the concrete pointing out, so I was thinking that a coloured pointing sand may do the job. :rolleyes:

Any thoughts/ suggestions would be much appreciated.

Why dont you point them up first corine so they are neat and flat then roughly brush over the pointed bites with say a darkish gret masonry paint then paint the slabs citting them into your own line where the pointing is...it sounds like a fiddle but pointing them after the slabs hae been painted is also going to be hard because your going to have to keep the slabs clean as you go.

Thanks for your reply Zampa. I really am grateful.

The other half came home with some grey Pave Fix last night. Have heard its not meant to be great but would it do for covering the existing pointing in the short term (as well as filling in gaps were the pointing has fallen away)? Or is painting the pointing the only option? :cry:

Sponsored Links
No, it doesnt have to be painted I just thought it might be easier though than pointing it afterwards..it can be quite a fiddly job.

water mate...but any masonry paint will do

That looks amazing! What did you use for between the slabs? It looks like you've sealed them. I'm inspired to do it now - moved into a tiny ex-council flat and the patio slabs are a complete state!

Pics as promissed

BEFORE (yuk)
Before.jpg

AFTER
After.jpg

£30 all in Lets see how long it lasts :D

Really impressed with the pictures of your painted patio just wondering if it is hard to maintain , if dirty footprints , grass stains etc show up more on white masonary paint rather than a darker colour.Hoping to do mine this weekend , weather permitting

Hi everyone,

I have a concrete back yard, depressing yes!!! originally it was all garage, but we have taken half of it down so now left with the concrete base, cant afford to dig it all out as is very very thick, according to a neighbour there is a truck chassis under the concrete that was used to bolt the framework of the garage too!! Anyway it looks like a concrete slab (which it is!) and i was wondering if i could paint it? If so what with, and on a tight budget.
Thanks H :)

Sorry to revive an old thread but I am looking to see if anyone has any long term experience of how these have turned out?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back