Paving garden that slopes towards house. Damp/Drainage

K

Kaito

Hello, I've currently undertaken a project in my garden which involves placing a patio down. However due to the landscape of my garden, it slopes towards the house. It's recommended sloping the patio away from the house, however this is not possible.
I've read about having the patio below the damp course, however one end of the garden will be above the damp course.
I guess the water will run towards the house, and still be below the damp course. Is this perfectly ok? I assume on a rainy day, there will be a puddle at the bottom of my garden against the wall. This part is heavily shaded by the house.
Should I need to install some sort of drainage system at the end between the patio and my wall? I thought about this, but it seems there isn't a suitable drainage point nearby, I'm sandwiched between two other houses.
Hope this picture helps in anyway. If any more information is needed, digital pictures etc, then I will snap away.

garden.jpg

thanks for your help

Sponsored Links
I would install linear drainage along the house, at the lowest point. Alternatively, you could dig into the hill for the patio and put a small retaining wall and steps in to make a nice feature. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back