PC is doing more harm than good for the people its supposed to protect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Here? Mind you, only the telegraph so could all be lies…. :rolleyes:

"This is an absolute scandal. They were petrified of being called racist and so reverted to the default of political correctness," she said.

Not there you ****ing idiot. In this instance.

Assuming the police failed to tackle the precursor events to this murder because they're afraid to look racist and that they didn't treat statutory rape as a big deal is a big leap to make here.

You've started a thread about it, not demonstrated it and swerved away to something else.

Motties example is bad, but it's not exclusive to 1 section of people.

Most threads swerve and thy off course. It doesn't bother me.
It's all a bit Ronnie Corbett

Sponsored Links
Not there you ****ing idiot. In this instance.

Assuming the police failed to tackle the precursor events to this murder because they're afraid to look racist and that they didn't treat statutory rape as a big deal is a big leap to make here.

You are angry today. I thought you was kin offski?

Last edited:
Not there you ****ing idiot.
IMG_5169.gif

Try blaming the thieving b@stsrds, eh (y)
But it's nothing to do with the person at the till is it. Likely to be told not to put themselves at risk.

It's a management issue if they are OK with thieves walking out without paying.

Except your statement is *******s. The met police are 3x more likely to stop and search a black kid than a white kid.

And no, black kids aren't three times more likely to be carrying a weapon or drugs.

Stop and search has never been shown to be effective in preventing crime. I'm not sure why you think that every person needs to be searched for knives every day but it seems disproportionate.
Well you're wrong check full facts and many other statistical feeds showing it's right to stop and search certain groups. Personally any young lad fitting a certain profile should be stopped and searched in problem areas. I don't care if it 'offends' some group because honestly i feel it's used too much as a stick to beat authority. We need authority we need control. Ive lived in many countries, here in the Uk it's the worst as the Police have been too lenient too long, i know you're senior so you should know better, its not about racism its about preventing crime and saving lives.

Well you're wrong check full facts and many other statistical feeds showing it's right to stop and search certain groups. Personally any young lad fitting a certain profile should be stopped and searched in problem areas. I don't care if it 'offends' some group because honestly i feel it's used too much as a stick to beat authority. We need authority we need control. Ive lived in many countries, here in the Uk it's the worst as the Police have been too lenient too long, i know you're senior so you should know better, its not about racism its about preventing crime and saving lives.
Full fact isnt impressed.

Data suggests that stop and search is not particularly effective at reducing crime by deterring potential criminals.

As well as not deterring crime, they have no data showing that it's an efficient way to detect crime either. The positive outcomes are stated but that includes verbal warnings. How many police hours do you burn blindly trawling rather than actually thinking about things and targeting issues.

Not sure I completely agree with some of this. You might not care if it offends a certain group, however (innocent) people within that group might care. And there's a danger it can have the opposite effect. Read an article a couple of years back about a young black guy who had nothing to do with gangs, was sticking in at school, wanted a better future for himself etc. However he was becoming more and more disillusioned with authority due to being stopped x times when walking home from school for a search. I agree we need a police system that is robust, however do we want a police system that people look on with genuine fear? I'd assert there's a balance to be struck.

And let's look at a different scenario. There was an article recently about the 100+ gangs in Liverpool causing increasing distress to law abiding citizens. Mostly drug and turf related. Many of these gang members are white boys/men. In an attempt to get on top of the situation and show authority, should the police in Liverpool increase stop and search of every white male aged late teens and above because they potentially fit the profile of a gang member in that area?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back