PCSO's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So, our local labour propaganda machine has announced that our local Police Force has secured funding for more PCSO's (Proportionally Cheaper than Standard Officers)

They say they are great because they provide a visible reassurance to the community.

I've just asked two (one of who looks about 17) a basic question relating to untaxed vehicles (I was trying to grass up our tosspot neighbour without actually coming out and saying it). The answer came back "I don't know, we've only just started. I think it depends if he's got a SCORN. I'll ask somebody when I get back to our office and call you to let you know" The ironic thing is that he is a TRAFFIC PCSO

Now I can pick holes with CSO's all day (I'd rather see one proper Bobby than 4 of these pretenders walking down the street) but even average Joe public knows that it is an offence to use or store an untaxed vehicle on a public road. Its also SORN (statutory off-road notification) the key part being the off-road bit. I'm looking forward to his callback so I can see what he says.
It gives me great confidence that when you call the boys in blue they are going to send one of these YTS security guards, just what you want when there's a gang kicking your fence down or smashing up a car.

I've actually reported it direct to the DVLA now, using their Untaxed Vehicle Hotline.

Sponsored Links
I thought you might have some opinion on the subject Thermo ;)

I'm just bitter and twisted because they didn't let me in...

The PCSO just rang me back with a great piece of wisdom:
"He's not allowed to keep it on the road without tax, if its got a SCORN it should be on private land."
Then he helpfully suggested:
"You could try confronting him or put an anonymous letter on his windscreen or through his door"

Absolutely F'ckin Diamond advice! We can sleep safe in our beds knowing he's on the streets.

Was walking past a couple of those 'toy' cops one day, when they were deliberately provoked by kids riding their bikes straight at them, and veering away at the last minute giving them abuse..

On telling the kids to come here (for a talking to), they were merely told to f*ck off because 'we know you can't do anything'..!

Got to admit, they hardly did themselves any favours with the reply...'yes, but I know someone who can' - cue more laughter and abuse..

Yep...they're a real visual deterrent alright... :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
pay peanuts....... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

good old labour, stick anyone in a flourescent jacket! :evil:

Back