PD - Single Storey Rear Extension with Flat AND Pitched roof. A PD loophole ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Proposed single storey rear extension is within 2m of boundary so PD regs state maximum allowed eave height must be 3 meters.

So following would NOT be PD as eave height is 4 meters.

not.png

But tagging on a pitched section, where the height of the eaves where it meets the back wall brings it under 3 meters would made it PD :

allow.png

Does my understanding of the regs makes sense ? Would simply tacking on a pitched section make the 4m flat roof irrelevent ? The PD Technical Docs only explicitly cover flat OR pitched and not this hybrid approach.

Many Thanks

Fred

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Tff
Sponsored Links
Seems crazy that a 4m wall can be built within 2m of a boundary (which is what the regs are supposed to stop) by simply tacking on a pitched section.

I guess this is why sites like planningjungle exists.

Sponsored Links
Hope its allowed - as its exactly what I'm planning on doing!

My eaves height will be 3m - but this only gives a ceiling height of 2.15m due to outside ground level.
So planning on a very small pitch exactly as per your drawing to gain an extra 250mm of ceiling height.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back