Pedestal Basin Fixing/Removal

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I need to remove a pedestal sink and a back-to-wall toilet to replace some flooring.

The bowl of the sink doesn't seem to have any screws fixing it to the wall, just a lot of silicon connecting it to the pedestal and I can see some between the back of the bowl and the wall. It seems fairly secure. Is it possible this has just been stuck to the wall with silicone and resting on the pedestal?

Also the toilet doesn't seem to have any fixings on the base - again just lots of silicon.

If this is right I assume it's not the best way of doing it but is there anything wrong as such?

Thanks

Alan

Sponsored Links
It's a lazy way of fixing a basin to the wall, sometimes justified by necessity of fixing to a stud wall where no-one has had the forethought to fit noggins at the right height

It's a friiiicking lazy way of fixing a pan the floor IMO, and less justifiable.

Smacks a bit of throw it in and frrrrr off.

May work for some, I suppose, but I wouldn't.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back