Peel and stick vinyl over concrete

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello!
icon_smile.gif

I have some peel and stick vinyl planks to install in a small infrequently used en-suite. Size of floor is 225 cm length x 140 cm width.

In my last house I simply fixed 6 mm ply down onto the floorboards using small countersunk screws (so as to avoid pipework under the floorboards) and fixed the vinyl (tiles) onto the ply. 10 years on and the floor was absolutely fine.

What's the best way to fix the plywood onto the concrete floor? Or should I use another method to fix the vinyl planks down?

Hope you can advise!

Attachments

• Pic1.JPG
    Pic1.JPG
    244.1 KB · Views: 162
  • Pic2.JPG
    Pic2.JPG
    301.5 KB · Views: 156
Sponsored Links
If the floor is smooth enough you could seal it and stick the tiles down? Any imperfections may show through so the floor would need to be really good. Or use a levelling compound thinly

just stick them down on the concrete - that surface looks fine.

Sponsored Links
There's a few peaks and troughs so it'll likely need a levelling compound. Thanks both for the suggestions. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back