Pendent light fixture with screws into ceiling rose

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
DF08BAA2-FD75-4D65-9AE4-0FDEE3E90D06.jpeg 4BFF49DE-7CB1-448E-84D1-D68A8250062B.jpeg I’ve brought a new pendent light, it has what appears to be a fairly standard fitting, with a screw to the ceiling and then screws to attach the fitting on the side. However, we have a ceiling rose and therefore you cannot get to the screws on the side.

Is there something I can get to be able to covert this light to enable it to be fitted on a ceiling rose? I had an electrician round last week and he said I needed a light with a hook fitting instead. I’ve been looking at other lights but they all (or at least the majority) appear to have side screws and I can’t believe that if you have a ceiling rose you are so restricted on what light you can have (also no-one appears to specify the way in which the fixture is secured which I would have thought they would if this was a common problem).

Any help greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your response but unless I am missing something I think that really restricts the lights I can choose (having to have one with a chain and hook) are there any other options

Sponsored Links
Yes the first, have it wired directly into a junction box under the floor replacing the existing ceiling rose.

Back